First thing in the morning, still dark out, I can hear the rain pounding down.
First light reveals snow.
Now is it clear blue skies, last tinge of sunrise clinging pink on lingering wisps of cloud as I head out the door to walk up Scolty.This is why we talk about the weather all the time in Scotland.
P.S. Snow up Scolty -- enough to blanket the path and flock the heather. Invigorating.
Until I come across a small bunny as I make my descent on the west side of the hill -- lying helpless on its side in the path, breathing fast, a few drops of blood in the snow under it's back feet -- regarding me fearfully from one open eye.
A more experienced person would know what to do to relieve its suffering -- all I can do is walk around it -- helpless and afraid -- tears -- feeling like the Levite in the story of the Good Samaritan.
"And yet not one falls to the ground without your Father knowing. Why, every hair on your head has been counted. So there is no need to be afraid ..."
No comments:
Post a Comment