So -- short and sweet and often -- here goes:
Saturday: Moved out of my cottage --
(moving into this building in March -- the very top floor corner apartment is mine -- no, not those big windows -- the wee ones in the roof!)

Sunday: American Church in Paris voted unanimously to call me as their Associate Pastor
(It's the spire to the left -- not the big one with lots of lights...)

Monday: Sold my Ka
(my next mode of transport...)

Tuesday: Scheduled visa appointment with French Consulate in Edinburgh
(next Wed., provided health insurance paperwork comes through in time...)

Sigh -- no wonder I'm so tired!
Highlight of today: a clothes dryer!! It rained all day today in Banchory (snow yesterday) and yet I was able to do ALL my laundry and ALL of it is dry! Thanks to Paul and Meg -- friends traveling in New Zealand all of Feb. who have handed over their keys (house and car) to me.
More soon -- lots of love -- Laurie
6 comments:
The highlight of my day was reading your blog. Thank you so much. Love, Mom
That was fast! Since when do you spend your days sitting in front of the computer waiting for my blog to update?!? I hope you've moved since the previous post...
Wow, you've given up the cottage and the Ka?! Life is a-changing! I hope you're excited about moving to Paris. That's an incredible opportunity, and I can't wait to hear more about it.
No surprise to anyone who knows you that you were voted on unanimously. They'd be silly not to. I love seeing photos of where you'll be pastoring and living. How exciting! Paris. I've never been to Paris and kick myself for not going before having Anna. I'll have to live vicariously through you for a few more years. Love, Heather
You know I have, you silly girl. (moved) I just check everyday (or so). You won't be able to call it "Notes from Auchattie" much longer. I must say I love Banchory and Auchattie. Onward and upward...really!!! Love Mom
dang the ka's gone...so weird. hey i'm here in paris !! permanently...so get in touch please!!! excited for you. xkriatianna
Post a Comment