Thursday, December 18, 2008

Comings and Goings ...

I now have a new passport.

The old passport received its final stamp on my way into Seattle for a Thanksgiving visit in November -- the whole family was actually home together, which was a joy!

The new passport has twice as many pages, thanks to the last one being well used -- and all being well in late January, this new one will see some action soon. I've been offered an Associate Pastor position at the American Church in Paris, of all things!

On Jan. 25 I preach for the congregation (made up of 37 different nationalities, one-third North American and the other two-thirds divided evenly between European, Asian and African nationals). Assuming this goes well, I'll settle into an apartment on the Quay d'Orsay sometime this spring! It's all a bit unbelievable, actually -- will likely seem more real once I've actually been there!

And what about the Ph.D.? I'll finish writing the thesis from Paris -- not a bad place to finish a dissertation.

So that is the news from over here -- as I write I'm travelling North to Deeside from Durham. Christmas and New Year will be in Banchory this year -- very exciting.

Love to all,
Laurie

3 comments:

Barb said...

Oh my! How exciting! Paris sounds fabulous. How is the dissertation coming, by the way? Can't wait to see/hear more about the way life develops for you this next season. Happy Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Hi Laurie:
I am so very excited for you. Did you see the calendar? Life is too short and way too much fun. Hopefully, we will see you in Paris. Merry Christmas Love, Aud

camelita? said...

Paris! If we ever make it to Rome we'll be practically neighbors. Well, sort of. Congrats!

Post a Comment