the car had not yet been crunched (see 2006 Top Ten blog link in column to the left ...),
and I was off to enjoy the WETTEST day hillwalking that I have EVER experienced in Scotland.
Look who I found in my jacket pocket!
Thanksgiving with fellow Postgrads and families:

(I contributed the worst mashed potatoes that I have EVER tasted ...)
German Christmas Markets with Mom and DadAfter a few days for at my cottage for the folks to recover from jet lag, we flew out on 4 Dec. for Nuremberg ...
and a tour of Christmas Markets in Germany and Austria!Christmas in Banchory
began with friends Scot and Carrie Becker cycling all the way out from Aberdeen to Banchory -- with their 2 and 4 year old sons in tow! -- to join me for dinner Christmas Eve before I preached the watchnight service at the West Church. This is the first Christmas Eve service that I've ever preaching which I actually liked -- so I've posted it on another blog link to the left (Sermons and stuff) in case you are curious...
Boxing Day
Lowlight: Learning how to play Risk and getting obliterated (you know how well I like to lose -- quote of the day: "We thought you'd like Risk, Laurie -- its about world domination." World domination is only fun, I have decided, if one holds the continent of Australia ...
Highlight: Learning that Craig and Kami are expecting their fifth (yes -- fifth) child! This means, of course, that there is a large needlepoint which will need to be entirely re-sewn in the lower panel! Misquote of a day back in 2003 sometime: "I'm designing this for 4 names -- you won't have more kids than that, will you?"
With Sarah (Scott) Herbert and her daughter Bethany, visiting for Christmas.
Hogmanay or Scottish New Year was well celebrated with friends at Morrisons'.
And now here into the New Year I am resuming research -- enjoying my daily walks up Scolty -- comparing our weather to Seattle's and glad, in that regard, that I am here instead -- still working on the car situation -- and loving every aspect of community in Banchory except that friends and family from home are so far away!






No comments:
Post a Comment