Right -- this one is going to be brief -- I'm off early tomorrow morning for a hillwalk!

My study space / dining room table
Today -- Very quiet -- studying at home and that's about it besides a walk around the base of Scolty to see all of the trees down from the wind storm last night -- dozens and dozens of trees have fallen or are leaning, so the hill itself is closed!
The view from my center window as I'm working
Highlight of this week: Skyping with friends and family!!! And instant messaging, too.
(my skype name is, I think, laurie.wheeler...)
Last Friday -- Intro. for Postgrads at one of the hotels downtown -- excellent really -- but I wonder if I am really going to be able to pull this off -- if not, it will be a very expensive sabbatical year..... Alexander the Greek joined us at our table -- and at lunch I spoke with a retired police officer who is now getting a Ph.D. in law -- he's interested in legal issues for travellers (gypsies or Roma on the continent) -- Did you know that they've found that if/when travellers are settled into permanent housing their mental and physical health deteriorates? It was a very, very interesting conversation -- just trust me on that one!
Friday the 13th--Highlight of the day -- my first load of winter wood is delivered! Moved 15 wheelbarrel (or is that wheelbarrow? never know....) and still have a third of it out by my car -- I'm sure there is an art to stacking wood -- I haven't learned it -- if you know it, give me a tip!
Friday the 6th -- This was a treat -- dinner in the evening with Claire Marshall -- she made a great mushroom risotto -- it is such a blast to come back and hang out with former students!
Sorry to be so short and sweet -- or maybe you're good with that -- love and more tomorrow --
LW
1 comment:
Hi, Laurie!
i'm so happy to see your blogs. I was worried that you had disappeared into academia, not to be heard from again for another 3 years.
on the edge of my seat...waiting to find out what happens with the hydro bill. hope that does indeed arrive soon.
now that i've finished season 2 of Lost, i'm going to rely on you for my action/suspense serialized experiences.
love you!!!
melinda
Post a Comment