Monday, September 15, 2008

Hmmm ... Weather

According to Dad, it is sunny and 80 degrees in Seattle today.

According to me, it is rainy and significantly colder in Banchory :-)

No complaints, though. Perfect weather for the writing tasks in which I'm engaged.

And yesterday was clear enough that after worship and a bit of lunch, Mary and Steven and I walked up the old railway line to Crathes for a coffee and scones.

Friday night saw the chance for dinner at the Zeiglers with Sharon and Geordie which was great fun -- not merely to catch up , but also a chance for prayer around their kitchen table -- both for the elections at home in the States and the challenges and concerns elsewhere. I'm guessing that these are the kinds of kitchen table conversations that actually determine the outcome of national and world events.

Other than that -- I'm pretty much a hermit these days -- forming a deep and lasting bond with the computer ...

Love, Laurie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, keep the ole chin up! You will be home before we know it and I can hardly wait. I know you will be very busy but we will be taking up your time as much as we can. :-)
Love, Aud

Post a Comment