I heard that Seattle had snow yesterday -- spring is finally arriving here -- still not quite 50 f, but it is sunny -- and as they say here -- "the sun has some warmth in it" :-) That is -- as long as the wind isn't hitting you!
Which is wasn't, off and on, having lunch outdoors at Finzean with friends Amy and Fizz on Friday -- both back in Banchory for a short visit. They dropped me at the standing stones and I took the walk back home over the hills via Tom's Cairn (last time it was in snow). Perfect after a week of intense writing on the thesis again.
The family visit after Easter was WONDERFUL -- it was a gift to have the time with Karin and the family before she started her chemo on the 7th of April. Her second round is tomorrow.
And there was a birthday last week -- I spend 5 hours of it in the car (2.5 hours travelling all of 6 miles thanks to "road works" on the Forth Road bridge) but made it home in time from a conference in Edinburgh to enjoy a fantastic concert at the Woodend barn.
Sorry for the brief post -- I'm genuinely weary of the computer -- so just enough to assure you I'm still here -- love to all -- L
6 comments:
Good to hear you're still alive, and glad you had a good visit with your family. Keep up the hard thesis work, it'll pay off.
Yay! A new post from you. I've been wondering how your birthday was and how you were doing. Glad that you had a good visit with your family. - Heather
I agree, it's good to know you are still going! Kristianna and I were debating about just showing up on your doorstep someday... we know the bus route, and how to get to your place. So watch out! We miss seeing you.... =D
Wish I could join Amie and Kristianna for that bus trip to your place. I miss all of you.
Finally!!! I thought you'd never write. So happy to hear from you. Love Mom
Hey Laurie:
A great post. Thanks for writing. You always have an interesting blog. We don't mind short. We fully understand. Love, Aud
Post a Comment