Tuesday, February 12, 2008

This is February?!?

Scolty and Clach na Ben from the Hill O'Fare.

We've been having sunny days -- temperatures of nearly 50 F / 9 C! Amazing -- so I've splurged a bit on the walks today and yesterday -- taking the long route up and around Scolty yesterday, and today walking up the Hill O'Fare (1545 ft.) which is just to the northeast of Banchory.I'll share some photos while I catch you up on the rest of life...


Bothy on the northeast side of the Hill O'Fare.

Sunday, took advantage of the student discount to hear a wonderful string quartet at the Woodend Barn -- the Navarra quartet. The violinists and viola player all from the Netherlands -- they named themselves after a bottle of wine enjoyed at a birthday party for the the first violinist!

I'm continuing to enjoy the evening dinner / bible studies with the 20's group -- we are in Hebrews, which is handy, as the first four exegetical articles that I'm due to write for the Presbyterian Outlook are in Hebrews!
Next week I am down to Durham from the 18 - 26 -- seminar paper on that first Monday is exactly on target for my current research -- get to stay with friends Sarah and Andy in York for the weekend -- second paper is on ecology and eschatology, presented by my secondary supervisor -- and then an overnight in Edinburgh on the way back home to visit friends. Doesn't get much better than that!
One of my favourite signs around here!
Of course, had I paid any attention to it,
I would have missed a lovely walk!

3 comments:

Barb said...

We've had fantastic weather around here lately too. It was nearly 80 both days this weekend. I sat outside about 2 and a half hours on Sunday afternoon and actually got a sunburn, in February! Glad you're having lovely weather and enjoying life right now. Hope your trip to Durham is fun and beneficial both.

Amie V said...

Since when do signs mean anything about what we do or don't do? Seems I distinctly remember a small rebel group scaling the walls at Lochleven, despite similar signage.... =)

Barb said...

I will second Amie's comments. I had forgotten about that rebellious moment at Lochleven. One of the many highlights of that day.

Post a Comment