So for years -- literally -- I've been mildly curious about where that term "pet peeve" comes from.And for months I've loved the British term "peeving" for things that are irksome to me.
And a few months ago, I figured out that this is why J.K.Rowling used the name Peeves for one of her ghosts.
And just 5 minutes ago as I headed to bed with the thought that going to sleep in a freezing cold room because I haven't had my fire on all day is one of my pet peeves, the penny dropped.
Peeving.
1 comment:
Laurie - Just a quick note to tell you it's a joy to be able to log onto your blog and follow your walk through these days in Scotland. Your service as our pastor at Vashon continues to reap a harvest in my life. I'm adding a Sabbath experience as suggested by the women's pastor here in Kelso, where I'm sharing my life with my daughter, Susan, and her two children, Sydney, 13, and Emmett, 11. Tomorrow I begin a weekly "sabbatical" of four hours, with readings from the Celtic Daily Prayers you gave us on retreat on Banbridge, along with using my new watercolors and sketchbooks I brought with me when I left Vashon. I'm excited to see where I'm led through this experience. Blessings and prayers, as always, your sister, Mary Hagle
Post a Comment